Dance for Teens and Adults with Down Syndrome (ages12 +)
FREE Zoom Classes.
Every second and fourth Saturday of each month.
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Saturday, Sept 25, 2021
Saturday, Oct 9, 2021
Saturday, Oct 23, 2021
Saturday, Nov 13, 2021 - Last class in 2021
OnStage 21 is DSALA's Hip Hop/Jazz Fusion dance class. Join us for bi-monthly classes and prepare for the annual Buddy Walk performance!
The purpose of the class is to provide:
• A bi-monthly opportunity to learn fun dance moves that can be used as a bridge that lessens the divide between peers with and without a diagnosis.
• An opportunity to enforce social cues regarding personal space and physical interaction in a dance/social environment.
• A means to further build self-confidence.
• A wonderful way to stay active and healthy.
Each class is structured into 3 parts:
• Warm-up (light stretching, cardio)
• Dance instruction (basic moves, music identification, movement recognition, choreography)
• FreeStyle dance
OnStage 21 is brought to you by Sue B. Dance Company and OnStage Workshop, non-profit organizations that aim to promote and bring arts education directly to underserved residents in the Los Angeles County area. Sue B. Dance Company and OnStage Workshop educational programs enable students of all ages to learn new skills and improve their quality of life through dance. OnStage 21 dancers will have the opportunity to work with several guest instructors from the C.A.N. Moves Dance program this year. C.A.N. Moves is an inter-disciplinary arts program designed to challenge participants to work towards their highest artistic potential while providing valuable insight from working professionals. This class is for aspiring dancers with DS starting at age 12. Online registration must be submitted prior to class to participate.
Must register to participate.
For more information contact info
DSALA wishes to provide a pleasant experience for all participants. Therefore, a parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the program.