Dance for Teens with Down Syndrome (ages12-19)
DSALA Community Room: 16461 Sherman Way, Suite 180, Van Nuys, CA 91406
Every third Saturday of each month from 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Fee: $15 per single class or $36 per session
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Saturday, June 16, 2018
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Saturday, August 18, 2018
Saturday, September 15, 2018
Saturday, October 20, 2018
* Additional rehearsal dates for BuddyWalk performance TBD*
OnStage Workshop, Presented by Sue B. Dance Company, is non-profit organization that aims to promote the arts and bring arts education directly to underserved residents in Los Angeles. The company provides educational programs for youth and adults to learn new skills and improve their quality of life through dance.
The purpose of the program is to provide:
• A monthly opportunity to learn fun and current hip hop/pop/jazz dance moves that can be used as a bridge that lessens the divide between peers with and without a diagnosis.
• A chance to learn how to conduct oneself in a dance/social environment.
• An opportunity to enforce social cues regarding personal space and physical interaction.
• A means to further build self-confidence.
• A great way to stay active and healthy.
The class is structured into 3 parts:
• An introduction to dance (i.e. music identification, etiquette, movement recognition, etc.)
• Dance instruction (basic moves and choreography)
• Free form dance with music
A fun time is awaiting!
Class for teens with Ds between 12 and 19 years of age but must register to participate.
To register complete the Dance Class Student Information.Payment will be accepted on-site only!
For more information contact info
DSALA wishes to provide a pleasant experience for all participants. Therefore, a parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the program.