Dance for Teens with Down Syndrome (ages12-19)
The Vault Dance Studio: 57 Palmetto Drive, Pasadena, Ca 91105
Every third Saturday of each month from 4:30pm - 6pm
Fee: $15 per single class or $36 per session
DSALA wishes to provide a pleasant experience for all participants. Therefore, a parent or guardian must be present for the duration of the program.
January 21 (Free Class)
Session 1: February-April (2/18; 3/18; 4/15)
Session 2: May-July (5/20; 6/17; 7/15)
Session 3: August-October (2 classes a month) (8/12; 8/19; 9/16; 9/23; October TBD)
Stage Workshop, Presented by Sue B. Dance Company, is non-profit organization that aims to promote the arts and bring arts education directly to underserved residents in Los Angeles. The company provides educational programs for youth and adults to learn new skills and improve their quality of life through dance.
more active lifestyles and involvement in the arts.”
Stage Workshop director Susu Black and Stage Workshop Board member/TwentyWonder Coordinating Producer, Jimi Vaughn, are teaming up to create a program that makes sure that members of the Down syndrome community are included in this vision. By creating a monthly class/dance at the DSALA, Stage workshop believes that students will benefit from learning not only fun dance moves, but also further developing the social and discipline skills that come along as an ancillary benefit of the dance process.
The purpose of the program is to provide:
• A monthly opportunity to learn fun and current hip hop/pop dance moves that can be used as a bridge that lessens the divide between peers with and without a diagnosis.
• A chance to learn how to conduct oneself in a dance/social environment.
• An opportunity to enforce social cues regarding personal space and physical interaction.
• A means to further build self-confidence.
• A great way to stay active and healthy
The class is structured into 3 parts:
• An introduction to hip hop dance (i.e. music identification, etiquette, movement recognition, etc…)
• Dance instruction (basic moves and choreography)
• Free form dance with music and refreshments
Class for teens with DS between 12 and 19 years of age but must register to participate.
A fun time is awaiting!
To register complete the Hip Hop Dance Class Student Information.
Payment will be accepted on-site only!
For more information contact info